We ask for your name when you sign up for an account so that other people know what to call you. You can choose any name you want (within reason).
Should I use my 'real' name?
Using the name people know you by makes it much easier for people who know you to recognize you and follow your posts. Names and culture around names vary widely between communities and cultures and we don't presume to know what your "real" name is, nor do we presume enforce a 'real names policy'.
Are there restrictions on usernames?
- A name must be at least three characters long, not including spaces, tabs or line returns
- A name must be no more than fifty characters long - long names may be shortened in the app
- A name must not include # or @ symbols
- A name must not contain large numbers of spaces, tabs or line returns
- Pretending to be other users is not allowed
- User names should not contain threats, abuse, or celebrate hate groups