We do not permit the promotion of violence against, threatening violence against, or harassment of other users or groups on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability or serious disease.
Accounts who undertake this kind of activity will be blocked from our service and servers and their content banned from display in the Planetary app.
Here are some examples of the kinds of activity that we do not permit on Planetary:
- Violent threats against individuals are always unacceptable, but we take them just as seriously when they’re directed against a group of people as we do when they’re about an identifiable individual.
- Promoting violence against individuals or groups is also always unacceptable as is wishing or suggesting it would be good if death, disease, bodily or societal harm came to a group or a person on the basis of these characteristics.
- Using imagery or references to violent or discriminatory historical events in order to intimidate, harass or try to silence people (for example, using imagery of lynchings, the KKK or the holocaust) is unacceptable.
- Spreading stereotypical ideas of people in text or visual media with the intent to spread fear or to dehumanize or degrade them on the basis of the above characteristics.
- Spreading logos, symbols and images with the intent to promote hostility against groups of people or to promote organizations that do or have historically promoted hate speech. This includes holocaust imagery and Nazi imagery.
Promotion of self-harm, suicide and anorexia
We do not permit the promotion or encouragement of self-harm, suicide, anorexia or bulimia. These are serious areas and vulnerable people can be put at serious risk by such activity. This includes the following:
- Discussions of methods for self-harm or suicide
- Discussions of ways to conceal self-harm or suicidal tendencies
- Media content in which people talk about or show their self-harm
We do not limit all content regarding self-harm, eating disorders or suicide - it’s important that organizations can educate people about these issues. But we take any act of promotion very seriously.
* Provisional: All these policies are provisional and will be revised and updated as we see use on the platform.