Publishing other people’s private information
We do not permit the posting of another user’s private information (‘doxxing’) without their express authorization and permission, or threatening to do so. People using Planetary have the right to live without fear of attack or harassment in person or via communications equipment.
Information that cannot and should not be posted includes:
- Someone’s home address or physical location
- Any non-public contact information - for example, personal phone numbers or e-mail addresses
- Any image of their identity documents, or any identifying information upon them (for example social security numbers)
- Any details of financial accounts or services that they use (bank details etc.)
- Any passwords or account information for other services
There are sometimes mitigating factors that we may take into account, including whether the person sharing is authorized to do so, what kind of information is being shared, whether the information is readily available already or the intent of the person sharing the information.
We do not permit the posting of any sexual images or videos that were produced or distributed without the subjects consent. We believe that doing so is a violation of their privacy and rights and is not acceptable on our platform.
Because the subject might not always know if material featuring them was published without their consent, we also block any content that appears to have been taken non-consensually.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Photos or videos that appear to have been taken up a persons skirt, dress of other clothing
- Photos or videos that have been digitally manipulated to put one person’s face on another person’s naked or partially nude body
- Photos or videos that appear to have been taken privately in someone’s home and appear to be for personal use
- Any media content that appears to have been captured without consent - for example via a hidden camera
As always, posting of some sensitive or consensually erotic material is acceptable on Planetary as long as you have marked your content as potentially sensitive in your settings.
* Provisional: All these policies are provisional and will be revised and updated as we see use on the platform.